Monday, September 14, 2009

I hate your sunglasses: sore loser edition (or, do YOU like fishsticks?)


Ok.

So I've already ranted about the miniblinds sunglasses fad... please excuse me for a minute while I reiterate how lame both the sunglasses, and the guy that restarted the fad, are.

I remember thinking those things were SO cool... in 1986. Then I put a pair on.

I was 6, and I knew better.

I mean, really. They serve NO purpose. People can still see your eyes. There's no UV protection. No impact resistance. No light blocked. No glare reduction.

In other words, about as useless as Kanye himself.

I mean, really. This a-hat had to pull a microphone from a SEVENTEEN YEAR OLD GIRL'S hands... to complain that Beyonce didn't win... even though Beyonce was nominated for, and proceeded to win, a completely different award? Please. Really... look at the picture above. He reminds me of that old Chris Rock bit about Jermaine Jackson's greezy self. Plus, it looks like he covered himself in cornstarch or something. He's like the Ron Jeremy of hip-hop... somehow, he made it big, but he's still so gross and sticky-looking that one has to wonder how in the hell he even got there in the first place. Sure, I personally think that the music made by all three is pap (don't even get me STARTED on 'Put a Ring On It), but a lot of people are into that garbage, and Taylor Swift must have made some good garbage, to win that award. So why not let her win? (Not to mention... WTF, Kanye? What do you have to do with ANY of this? If I knew you, I SO wouldn't invite you to my birthday party... you'd probably push me over to blow out the candles before I got to them.)

It's obvious enough (from this ugly-glasses-polo-shirt-gee-I'm-a-dick fad) that young people are going to imitate him. So why publicly humiliate someone who worked hard to earn some recognition? I'm sure even bad press is good press... or something. But demeaning Taylor Swift on a music award show that I'm pretty sure even God tiVo'd was a little out of control. Way to be a role model.

But... big kudos to Beyonce for giving Taylor her moment in the sun.

So, to end a ramble with no other point than to say, Yo, Kanye, you a dick... Yo, Kanye. You a dick!

I hope your retinas detach.

1 comment:

  1. I have a pair of those miniblinds sunglasses, only mine are backed with a pink lense and do have UV protection.

    I think they are rad for an 80's party costume. But correctomundo I wouldn't be caught dead in them actually trying to look cool.

    Friendly Jen

    ReplyDelete